Who would not like to have iMessage on Windows PC? After all, it is Apple’s noteworthy native application. Although iMessage and messages are both available on MacBooks and iMacs, Windows has been left behind in this aspect.
How to Get iMessage on Windows PC
You’d think that especially after Apple allowed a dual boot of Windows on MacBooks, they would also let some of the flagship features slide by, but nope!
Well, if you are a Windows user as well as a huge fan of iMessage, there are a few ways to run iMessage on Windows PC, but these are only workarounds and may involve a lot of risks. Check out three possible methods mentioned below along with their potential risks.
- iPadian Emulator: Installation can pose a security threat to your computer system, it is infested with malware most of the time. If you have an anti-virus/anti-malware detection program (a paid version with full feature accessibility), then you can go ahead and download iPadian emulator.
- Chrome Remote Desktop: It needs a Mac computer to pair with.
- Jailbreak your iOS: This method is only for iPhone users. Also, it voids warranty and opens up your iOS to potential security risks
Now check out these methods in detail and try out which suits you best.
Get iMessage on Windows PC Using iPadian
If you have a licensed Anti-virus or Anti-malware protection on your PC that keeps your root files sealed at the highest level, you may take the risk of downloading iPadian to your Windows OS. Although, malware is hard to detect and some may percolate under the radar. So, install iPadian at your own risk.
Here’s how you install iPadian and the next steps:
- Download iPadian from their official website.
- Install it like any other program on Windows.
- Launch it. Look for iMessage, or write “iMessage” in the search bar.
Side Note: iMessage requires the use of either an iCloud email or a phone number associated with the SIM card on the device. There is no way to trick this! In the settings, you must enable this option, which is only possible as long as the above requirements are met. So, at the very least, you must have an iPhone.
You may, however, use the SMS and MMS text feature like you do with Android, etc.
Check out this simple video below for an easy understanding.
Get iMessage on Windows PC Using Chrome Remote Desktop
A word of advice, proceed through this step if and only if you have a Mac along side Windows PC. Using Chrome Remote Desktop, you can easily sync iMessage to Windows PC using a Mac.
Nevertheless, there is a downside to this (besides the fact that you do need a Mac for this whole operation). The drawback is, you won’t be able to install iMessage on your Windows PC, rather use it via Mac as long as the MacBook/iMac is turned on, and do not forget that you’ll need an Apple ID.
Just like any other Remote Desktop service, Chrome Remote Desktop provides complete security and safety to your connection. You can even add friends or relatives to your secure connection.
Check Also: Fix iMessage waiting for activation
Here is how you can connect Windows PC to Mac and enjoy access to iMessage-
- Add Chrome Remote Desktop to your Chrome from the Chrome web store.
- Download & install this application on both the systems- Windows & Mac.
- Since you’re initiating this process via Mac, head over to Remote Desktop extension installed on your Mac and note down the access code it gives you.
- Open the same program again, but this time on your Windows PC.
- Enter the access code you got from Mac.
- Once the connection is successful (usually takes less than a minute), you will see a screen displaying your Mac desktop.
- Now, you can enjoy using iMessage from your PC remotely.
Flash News: Chrome Remote Desktop is a cross-platform application that works on Windows, Mac, & Linux- based systems. So, you can enjoy using iMessage not only on Windows but other platforms as well.
Check Also: How to Fix if iMessage not working
Watch this video.
Get iMessage on PC by Jailbreaking your iOS
For the newbies, jailbreaking does exactly what the word stands for. It breaks free your iPhone from all restrictions and renders it usable for a variety of applications that are not supported on the App Store. Although downloading unsupported apps might mean bringing risks to your beloved and overpaid iPhones but if you want to use iMessage on Windows PC, then this is your way out.
Currently, the iPhone devices from SE to 6S Plus have an available jailbreak for iOS 10.2.
What comes next?
Once you’re through the iOS jailbreaking process, install Cydia.
- Open Cydia and search for an application named Remote Messages. This will only cost you $4 and you need to purchase it from the BigBoss repo.
- The app will open a web-based interface on your Windows PC that you can use towards sending iMessage to your iPhone friends.
- You need to enter your iPhone’s IP address (while it is connected to WiFi) and at the end, just enter “:333” which is a port number.
- Also, set a strong password for security reasons.
- You can now log in to iMessage & Messages remotely by opening any browser installed on your Windows and entering the IP address followed by the port number.
Follow this video tutorial.
So, that’s about it folks. We hope that you try out these methods and share with us your various experiences in the comments section. Also, don’t forget spread the word around in your social circles.