Microsoft released new cumulative updates for Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile yesterday for insiders on the Release Preview ring. Windows 10 PC insiders got build 10586.240 while the mobile counterparts went ahead with 10586.242.
Following is what the changelog from Microsoft reads:
- Improvements to general application compatibility.
- Improvements in the upgrade experience, including fixing an issue where some devices would lose data connections or touch input after upgrading to Windows 10.
- Improved the reliability of reminders.
- Improved UI for tracking data usage under Settings > Network and wireless > Data usage.
- Improved the navigation bar experience for some devices.
- Fixed an issue where some SD card readers were not recognized.
- Updated Daylight Savings in countries with Daylight Savings changes.
There aren’t any new features made available with this update but the same is expected to boost the performance and fix bugs in general. Both these builds are available to Release Preview ring insiders which are supposed to be the safest bet for trying out insiders build.
In case you are a member of this ring and haven’t received the update yet, head to the settings menu and go to Update & Security, and check for updates. Let us know what you think of this new build in the comments section below.