Microsoft has just announced the release of a Cumulative update (10586.71) for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586, to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring members. The new update roll-out will start today. According to Microsoft, the new update brings several bug fixes and has an Insider Fast configuration update for an expiring certificate to ensure that you get all the future updates. The company said on its blog post –
We have been working on addressing Windows Insider feedback of the update experience and today many Insiders will get to try out these fixes. Windows Insiders that downloaded the Configuration Update that was published on Friday, or has a device that was automatically updated over the weekend, will experience improvements in the performance and reliability of receiving this Cumulative Update. But don’t worry if you have not yet downloaded the Configuration Update to your device, it will be included in the download with this update.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71
According to Redmond company, the Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.71 brings ton of improvements and bug fixes as listed below:-
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.