After rolling out the new cumulative updates for Windows 10 PCs, Microsoft has released the new cumulative updates for Windows 10 Mobile too. The new Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.318 gets mobile devices in sync with PC counterparts.
Don’t get your hopes too high as there are no new features accompanying this update. It’s mostly about improvements and fixes.
However, this doesn’t make it any less important update since overall improvement to the OS and bug fixes play an equal part as the new feature in the user experience. This new update brings improvements for the update system to correct a bug causing some phones getting errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570 when trying to download updates using the built-in system.
Other than that, there are improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections for Lumia 950 and 950 XL device owners.
Microsoft quotes, “improvements Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.”
Additionally, you will find optimizations here and there. To download the update, head to Settings and go over to Update & Security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Following is the changelog from Microsoft:
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.318
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for the reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.