Guys at wccftech decided to perform a little experiment. They took the VisionTek RX 470, the current best choice for 1080p gaming, and equipped the card with An Arctic Cooling Accelero S3 Passive Cooler. Since the card’s TDP is 120 watts, and the Arctic Cooling Accelero S3 is made for TPD up to 135 watts, the results are great.
Although the cooler is quite hefty and clunky, temperatures recorded are better than when using stock cooler, with the performance also getting a tiny kick. The card managed to get close to its boost speed of 1226 MHz, even better than 950 MHz stock frequency achieved with the stock cooler. Check out the performance graphs and temperatures below.
Test System Included:
- CPU – Intel Core i7 6800k (4.1GHz)
- Memory – 32GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz
- Motherboard – ASUS X99A-II
- Storage – Crucial MX100 512GB SSD; Seagate 2TB SSHD
- PSU – Cooler Master V1200 Platinum