The engineers at Bluboo Mobile sure had their work cut out for them as the company’s would-be flagship Bluboo Maya Max entered the drawing board. After all, the idea was to deliver a device that not only would boast state-of-the-art specs and features, but also a superior build quality that could competently take on the qualify offered by bigger brands such as Apple or Samsung.
As a relative newcomer to the smartphone market, it was important that the company could timely convince potential buyers that the Maya Max is a reliable device that can withstand even the worst of rough handling. And as the video below shows, the company seems to have done a pretty neat job in ensuring that the device indeed has a tough body and superior build quality.
A YouTube video recently released by Bluboo Mobile shows the Maya Max going through a series of extensive tests to prove its worth to future buyers.
The tests included:
- Micro-drop test: Dropping the device from up to 10cm height for 5,000 times
- Soft squeeze test: Exposing the device to low to mild ‘squeezing’ pressure for 2,000 times
- Physical buttons test: Pressing the physical buttons with mechanical arms for 100,000 times.
- USB-C plug port quality test: Repeat insertion of USB cable into the port for 5,000 times
- Earphone port test: Same as above
- Rolling drop test: Continuous rolling drop tests from varying heights using roller drop tech machine
- Salt for corrosion test: To check corrosion resistance of the material used
- Globule impact test: Dropping small balls of varying masses on the device from varying heights
As the test video claims, the device qualified each test without fail.
Bluboo Maya Max price and availability
Bluboo Maya Max was made available on a flash sale on September 5 at price of only $79. The flash sale ends today, but the device will be available through select few retailers for a price of $179.
Bluboo Maya Max specs and features
It is powered by the MediaTek MT6750 1.5 GHz octa-core processor and features 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 6.0 HD display with Gorilla Glass 4, 8MP front camera, 13 MP rear camera (with IMX 214 sensor and dual LED flash), 4,200 mAh battery, Foxconn USB Type-C port, NXP speakers, 4G+ CAT 6 connectivity, and Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Notable features include: Fingerprint identifier, quick charging, and a host of other standard features.