Blizzard, the developer behind FPS game Overwatch has released the latest notes for the forthcoming patch. There are some big and unknown changes too. Until now, it was believed that characters such as Zenyatta and Mercy will be receiving some adjustments, but surprisingly they won’t be the only ones going through the scanner. Genji, One of Overwatch’s most character will receive an almost complete restructuring of his abilities. Along with that, Lucio, the games most picked character for eSports shall also see some changes that will change how the future games are played out.
All these changes will be rolled out in the second season of Competitive Mode. Other than that, you will have the adjustments for maps, bugs, and various glitches making the gameplay better than ever.
Following is a list of patch notes
- Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)
- Reverted projectile size reduction
- Defense Matrix will now begin regenerating after a 1-second delay.
- Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing
- No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker’s Venom Mine or Junkrat’s Steel Trap
- No longer bypasses Junkrat’s Steel Trap
- Swift Strike
- No longer interrupts quick melee attacks
- Duration of Genji’s ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
- Speed decreased while aiming changed from 40% to 30%
- Maximum projectile speed increased by 30%
- The boosting of movement speed has been decreased by 30% (from a 100% increase to a 70% increase)
- Blizzard projectile now pierces barriers and it’s radius has been increased from 8 meters to 10 meters.
- Deadeye now drains over a .25 second period instead of simply going down to 50% when used and 0% when activated.
- Healing-per-second increased by 20%
- Resurrected Allies will be able to move after 2.25 seconds as opposed to the current 3 second wait time.
- Chain Hook
- If the hooked target isn’t in Roadhog’s line of sight when retracting the hook, they will be moved back to the position where they were originally hooked
- Orb of Discord
- The amount of damage amplified by a target with Orb of Discord has been decreased from 50% to 30%
Do let us know your take on these changes in the comments section below.