Want to unlock AT&T iPhone? Well, you’re in the right place. When it comes to the unlocking of devices, Verizon is really generous as the company unlocks all its 4G devices. On the other hand, AT&T is still not easy in this area, as the carrier locks all iPhones to its network so that you cannot switch your SIM to other networks.
Well, there are ways to unlock AT&T iPhone, but you will be required to follow a proper procedure to get your iPhone unlocked from the AT&T network.
Before you read “How to unlock AT&T iPhone”, you must meet the below mandatory requirements.
1. Your iPhone must not be involved in any fraudulent activity.
2. Must not be reported as lost iPhone.
3. All the dues including installments, service fees or early termination fees must be cleared.
4. The iPhone must not be activated on a different customer’s account.
5. If you are using an installment plan, your account must be active for 60 days at least.
If you meet all the above points, you are good to go. Once you will place the unlock request with AT&T, the carrier will send you the guide “How to unlock AT&T iPhone”. It is also advisable to go through the AT&T’s unlocking policy on its official website. Below are the steps to unlock your iPhone on AT&T.
How to Unlock iPhone on AT&T
1. From your desktop or tablet, go to www.att.com/deviceunlock
2. Now Read and agree to the AT&T’s eligibility requirements to unlock your iPhone.
3. Submit the completed form. Upon submission, AT&T will send you an email with your request number and a confirmation link. Click on the confirmation link within 24 hours to confirm that you are the actual person who placed the request.
4. Now wait for AT&T email regarding the unlocking of your iPhone. The carrier usually takes up to 2 business days.
5. Note that AT&T may disapprove your request if it finds you are not eligible for unlocking your device. If your request is approved, you will get the unlock code along with instructions to unlock AT&T iPhone.
6. Follow the instructions in the email to unlock your device.
How to Check Unlock Status of iPhone on AT&T
Once you have completed all the steps above, your device should have been unlocked successfully. However, it is always good to be sure before you switch to another network. To check the unlocking status of iPhone on AT&T, follow the below steps.
- Go to AT&T’s Check Your Unlock Status here – https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/status.html#/
- Enter your iPhone’s IMEI number. To check IMEI number, dial *#06#
- Enter the Unlock Request number received from AT&T.
iPhone Unlocked, How to Use on Other Network
As soon as AT&T unlocks your iPhone, you can easily switch to other networks and your iPhone will work perfectly. Here is what you should do-
- Power off your iPhone and take out AT&T’s SIM card.
- Insert the SIM card that you received from your new network.
- Power on the iPhone.
- Follow on-screen instructions for setup your iPhone on the new network.
If you find this guide useful, share it / like it on Facebook, Twitter or other social channels. If you are facing troubles unlocking your iPhone from AT&T, do leave your comments below and we will help you out.