Rise of the Tomb Raider just got a new update on PC, and if you’re looking for a list of what’s changed, you’re at the right place.
Apart from your usual bit of bug fixes and optimizations, the patch notably adds an option to prevent auto-centring behind the player, as well as a curious case of animals not appearing in the 2nd play-through of the game (no doubt scared of Lara’s hunting skills). Ambient Occlusion-related artifacts should also be gone now.
Rise of the Tomb Raider – PC Update 1.0.623.2 Changelog:
- Added new option to disable the camera automatically centering behind the player when strafing.
- Fixed problems where animals may not appear on a 2nd play-through of the game.
- Fixed a problem where occasionally the door to the Voice of God tomb is closed and cannot be opened.
- Fixed a problem causing the game to not start on machines with 32 or more hardware threads.
- Fixed some foliage flickering when Dynamic Foliage is set to High while the game is running 30fps or lower.
- Fixed artifacts when SSAO/HBAO+ was enabled in combination with SSAA.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
While Rise of the Tomb Raider was developed by Crystal Dynamics, the PC port was handled by Nixxes Software, who will also be doing the PC port for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided later down the line.