Those who own Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC will be happy to know that the game’s developers, Crystal Dynamics, have released an update for the PC version of the game which brings improvements for various sections of the game and fixes some big issues that were spotted in the game shortly after its release.
You can have a look at the full patch notes of this update, which were originally posted on Steam, below which showcases that the Startup issues, that were faced by many players will be fixed after this update.
- Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
- Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
- Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.
- Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
- Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
- Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
- Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)
Other fixes included in this patch:
- A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
- New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects’.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance.
- (Steam only)Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects.
- (Steam only) Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled.
- (Steam Only) Improvements to Razer Chroma effects.
- (Steam Only) Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
- Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
- Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
- Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
- Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
- Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6×0 and 7×0 hardware.
- Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
- Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
Rise of the Tomb Raider is a sequel to the 2013 video game, Tomb Raider and was released on November 10, 2015 for Xbox One and Xbox 360, on January 28th for PC, while the PS4 version of the game is set to launch sometime in late 2016. The game is developed by Crystal Dymanics and published by Square Enix.
Let us know what you think about this new update in the comments below.