Rainbow Six Siege came out almost a year ago troubled with lots of bugs. Over time developers worked hard on improving the game, releasing lots of patches fixing numerous bugs, brought new maps and operators, and fixed balance problems. This brought many new players, making Rainbow Six Siege one of the best multiplayer titles available today.
Rainbow Six Siege is one very hard game, a proper hardcore tactical shooter. Every kill is hard earned, but that’s the joy of playing the game. Lots of maps keep the game from getting stale, and new operators open new tactical approaches. The latest patch doesn’t bring new maps or operators, but it fixes lots of problems and introduces team kill penalties.
The most important fix is enabling Caveira, one of the DLC operators, to finish her interrogations no matter whether or not an enemy player jumps out of the game. The exploit prevented Caveira from interrogating enemies and finding out positions of other players from attacking team, with players exiting the game as soon Caveira started her interrogation.
Further, a new anti-bullying system will penalize team killers. A blog post published on the PlayStation Lifestyle page reads, “As promised, we are continuing to make improvements to our process for identifying and punishing team killers. In Patch 4.3, we have activated an anti-bullying feature. This is intended to prevent players from targeting a teammate and griefing them repeatedly. Players will now suffer the standard team killing penalty after killing the same teammate twice.”
The new feature introduces serious penalties for bullies:
- First offense: Casual – Kicked from match; Ranked- Banned for 15 minutes, 50% Renown penalty for 30 minutes.
- Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes.
- Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
- Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
- Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.
There are numerous fixes coming with the latest patch. Check the all out below:
We have implemented an additional update for BattlEye. This update will not add any programs to the white-list.
Main Bug Fixes
- FIXED – If a team surrenders at the end of a round, Renown, Experience, and Rank points are not awarded. (Surrender functionality will be returned in Patch 4.3)
- FIXED – Landing a headshot through a wall or barricade would sometimes result in the hit not registering.
- FIXED – Players receive Error [2-0x0000E004] when they attempt to join a squad that has a member with an abandon penalty.
- FIXED – Reloading is cancelled when going prone.
- FIXED – Players are unable to create local custom games when the servers are unreachable.
- FIXED – An Attacker that has been overhealed by Doc’s Stim Pistol will take 100 damage when triggering Frost’s Welcome Mat.
- FIXED – When Barbed Wire overlaps, Operators are able to move through the overlapping sections too quickly while crouched. (The speed for individual sections of Barbed Wire remains unchanged)
- FIXED – On the P90, the Muzzle Brake attachment has the same model as the default barrel.
- FIXED – Allies are sometimes killed by Claymores.
- FIXED – Defenders are able to see the subtitles and hear audio cues when a Claymore is being deployed.
- FIXED – Win conditions for Kapkan’s EDD and an Attacker’s Claymore were inconsistent when the device was responsible for killing the Hostage.
- FIXED – Destroying a Black Eye Camera that has been placed under the Defuser will cause the Attackers to lose.
- FIXED – Destroying some objects causes them to fall through the floor.
- FIXED – Nitro Cells would not cause damage when detonated on top of the blackjack table on Yacht.
- FIXED – Nitro Cells are able to injure players through a wall without destroying the wall.
- FIXED – Damage can be dealt through a destructible surface without the surface being destroyed.
- FIXED – Killing an Enemy AI while they detonate a breaching charge would make the wall invincible.
- FIXED – When vaulting and aiming down sights, an Operator’s left hand would move erratically.
- FIXED – Operator’s hands are sometimes not aligned with the weapon they are holding.
- FIXED – Angled grips were not placed in the proper location on some weapons.
- FIXED – Blood effects are not rendered in the Kill Cam replay for a crouched or prone victim if they were killed with a pistol.
- FIXED – Changing the display mode during a replay would make the screen black.
- FIXED – Title remains on a black screen if you are disconnected while changing the language.
- FIXED – Players are able to rotate headgear on the X axis after rotating weapons on the X axis.
- FIXED – Navy SEAL CTU bundle is not available.
- FIXED – GSG9 Operator bundle has the same price as the Attacker Operator bundle.
- FIXED – Purchasing the Far Cry charm would result in the wrong charm being unlocked.
- FIXED – The Far Cry charm cannot be unlocked.
You’ll also find some Operator bug fixes, some fixes to Kanal in the Maps Office and on the wall of the showers in CG1F, and a texture fix to Oregon’s sandbagged windows.
Last but not least, the new Japan-themed expansion, including new maps and operators, will be out soon, making it the last new content for 2016; Ubisoft plans on supporting Rainbow Six Siege in the coming years, so you can expect new maps and operators during 2017.