Sony’s next-generation console, the PS4 is getting a new update, MUSASHI, in the future but Sony is currently holding a beta for this update. The Beta will go live tomorrow and only selected players will jump into it. If you singed up for the Beta, keep an eye on your email to see if you got an invite or not.
As only selected players will be able to access the Beta, Sony has shared some details about it to give players a glimpse at what they will get in the future.
PS4 Update 3.50 Beta Key Features:
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
As you can see, this update will bring Dailymotion which is a direct competitor of YouTube.
Let us know if you got an invite to the beta or not in the comments below.