Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 released last month and has seen a generally welcome reception from critics and players alike. Developers PopCap Games have already gotten to work on the first major free update for the game, as well as a content pack.
The first content update will be available on March 8, which happens to be today. Apart from critical gameplay tuning and balancing, the update will add a new map, as well as a bunch of new activities in the Backyard Battleground. Here’s an overview of the new features in the update:
- Added new co-op/team vanquish map “Aqua Center” which may seem familiar, yet completely different!
- Added night version of the Great White North map to the Turf Takeover Playlist
- Added Hide n’ Find missions to Backyard Battleground
- Added Bot & Pot Missions to Backyard Battleground
- Added unique character variant images to group HUD
- World Options now shows all friends playing the game, not just the joinable ones
- Added classic setting in options to change primary fire button (PS4 Only)
- Added Aim Sensitivity slider to now allow more precise control over aim speed (for PC this is broken up into both mouse and gamepad sensitivity)
- Added ability to select between hold button to aim or toggle button to Aim
- Added kick player option to the in-game scoreboard for easy access (player hosted modes only)
- Added difficulty to Pause Menu for some game modes
- Game Now defaults to common chat in Private Matches
- Added ability to view scoreboard while vanquished
For the complete changelog, check out the official blog. Also take a look at the Graveyard Variety Pack trailer below, and let us know what you think in the comments.