Minecraft – where players get to explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles – continues to be one of the highest rated games ever. The Minecraft: Pocket Edition app received a major update on March 9th. The developer has thrown in Village trading in Windows 10 and Pocket edition, along with tons of tweaks and bug fixes in 1.0.4 update that came out on March 9th.
Minecraft Pocket Edition update 1.0.4 brings in new strangers skin pack, villager trading and more
With the latest update – version 1.0.4 – you can now trade to your hearts content with the villagers. The update will bring in something you will love – villager children will have adorable, large-sized heads! Cute offspring to distract you while trading sure sounds fun! Trading in Minecraft is simple – you can trade with characters to swap goods for money or money for goods, whichever way you like.
The latest update 1.0.4 for Minecraft Pocket Edition also brings in Strangers skin pack, featuring biome settlers from the farthest lands, deepest depths, and other dimensions. In addition to these changes, the new update makes Pocket Edition and Windows 10 version compliant with standardized add-on format. You can use the add-ons to modify sound effects, music and other UI. The new update also brings in several bug fixes. Fixes such as field of view increasing properly when sprinting and fix to the hitbox on Stone and Wooden Buttons so they can no longer be stepped on by players are part of the update. The tweaks in the latest update include editing using Add-ons for models for the Shulker and Ender Dragon, addition of CDN for downloading optional content and more.
Here’s the complete list of changes, as outlined by Minecraft –
- Added Villager Trading!
- Added Strangers Skin Pack
- Music, sounds, and user interface can now be modified using Add-Ons
- Added the Storage screen in Settings to manage worlds, resource packs, and behavior packs
- New Add-On format: All of your old Add-Ons will automatically update to the new format. You may see warnings on those Add-Ons but they will be fully functional
- The models for the Shulker and Ender Dragon can now be edited using Add-Ons
- Husks are now a little bit taller than Zombies
- Baby Villagers now have adorable, larger-sized heads
- Addition of CDN for downloading optional content, reducing game file sizes
- Added low render distance options for older devices
- Clicks are now registered when quickly right-clicking items in the inventory
- Field of View will now increase properly when sprinting and Field of View is set to max in the settings
- The Nether Star can no longer be destroyed by explosions
- Capes will no longer appear when wearing Elytra
- Fixed the hitbox on Stone and Wooden Buttons so they can no longer be stepped on by players and other mobs
- Zombie Villagers of different variants now keep their professions when importing a world from 0.15.9 or earlier
- Destroying a painting no longer destroys the block behind it
- Ridden mobs (e.g. Spider Jockeys) can now be pulled into Minecarts
- Villagers will no longer wander too far away from their Village and run slower when attacked.
- Achievements no longer unlock in Survival if Behavior Packs are used
- Several achievements fixed and will now unlock
- Several texture issues fixed
- Several crash issues fixed
- The game no longer needs to be restarted before a shader pack is applied
- Villagers will no longer do farming work if they’re not a farmer
- Villagers are less greedy and will no longer immediately pick up items thrown at them. They’ll even throw food for other Villagers.
You can update the Minecraft Pocket Edition via the Google Play Store here.