Minecraft has a brand new update going live, and this one’s pretty big. It’s the 1.9 Combat Update and we have the full details on what to expect from it below. Take a look!
We’ve already gone over what to expect in yesterday’s overview post on the update, but this changelog contains a lot more interesting info on what’s been added, like elytra, the dragon head block and the cool-down delay added to attacks.
Keep in mind, of course, that this update applies to the standard, PC and Mac version of Minecraft, and not the console versions or the Pocket Edition.
- Added shields
- Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
- You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
- Swords have a special sweep attack
- Axes have a special crushing blow attack
- Added the elytra
- New mob: Shulker
- Expanded The End
- Added Chorus plants
- New Purpur blocks
- New End Rod block
- Added dragon head block
- Ender Dragon can be resummoned
- Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from MC:PE)
- Added grass path block
- Added igloos
- Armor protection values have been lowered
- Added tipped arrows
- Added spectral arrows
- Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
- Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
- Added sound effect subtitles
- Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
- Added skeleton riders
- We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
- Removed Herobrine
Are you hyped for the 1.9 Combat Update? Are you going to get your own igloo? Let us know in the comments below!