Following 35 known instances of the Galaxy Note 7 battery catching fire and the ensuing controversy that forced the company to recall all units of the recently released smartphone, a new lawsuit was probably the last thing Samsung’s PR team had hoped to face.

They are facing it anyway – but not over exploding Galaxy Note 7s. Rather, this new lawsuit filed in the Superior Court of New Jersey is over a faulty Galaxy S7 Edge that exploded in the owner’s pocket.

samsung faces lawsuit over galaxy s7 edge battery explosion
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that caught fire [Image courtesy: ClassAction.com]
Daniel Ramirez, the man who filed the lawsuit via ClassAction.com, claims that the device’s battery caught fire while he was working at a construction site in Ohio on May 30. He tried to take it out but suffered second-degree burns on his hand.

The battery heated up to such an extent that his pants started melting onto his leg, inflicting third-degree burns.

Ramirez had to go through surgery and multiple skin grafts, but his turmoils are far from being over. The man will now require undergoing physical therapy and extensive care before fully recovering.

While this is not the first time when we are hearing about an exploding Samsung device, the company had never faced any lawsuit over a battery issue. Where this lawsuit takes the company still remains to be seen, but the one thing that’s certain is that it will take quite some effort on Samsung’s part to improve its tarnished brand image in the days to come.