Instagram is one of the biggest social networks in the world right now, but the app is testing the patience of its users with its new update. Instagram was updated on 28th March, Monday and introduced some really frustrating changes. First of all, the algorithm changes done on users’ feeds would show only the top, selected stories and not all the posts by Instagrammers, thus lowering their reach. Secondly, a new log out bug was found in the update that caused the log out button to disappear.
Since the update, a lot of users around the world were not able to log out of their Instagram app. Both iOS and Android users were reporting the problem, which is really annoying for people who have multiple accounts and need to manage them on one device. You can’t add additional accounts to the Instagram app, but fortunately, there’s a way out of this issues.
How to Log Out of Instagram App
- Go to Instagram.com using your desktop or mobile browser.
- In the top right-hand corner, press the Profile icon (person).
- You will find an “edit profile” button along with three dots next to your username.
- Just clock on the three dots.
- You will get a “Log Out” prompt. Just clock it and you will be logged out of Instagram successfully.
UPDATE: A new update for the Instagram app has been released and the logout bug has been fixed. The logout button is now visible again, but in case it’s not, just follow the above-given steps.