The much awaited iOS 10 GM – the final developer beta seed before the official public version – is now available for download on Apple’s Developer Page. The iOS 10 GM includes all the new features and changes that will be available to public next week on September 13th. The 1.7GB update is the biggest release of iOS ever.
Few changes spotted in GM –
1. Health app has working videos for each of the four categories – Activity, Mindfulness, Nutrition, and Sleep.
2. Version number is actually iOS 10.0.1. The number looks like a bug fix version. Is Apple already on bug fix version?
Registered developers with Apple can download and install the latest iOS 10 GM via the developer center. You can also download and install the Apple Watch and mac OS final versions via the develop center: Developer Sign In.
Devices compatible with iOS 10 GM version:
- Phone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air 2iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad 3rd generation
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini
- iPod Touch 6th generation
Steps to Register for Apple’s Developer Account and Download iOS 10 GM
- Purchase a developer account from Apple website for $99 a year.
- Register your developer device in the iOS Development Center and authenticate the device.
- Back up your files on iTunes before downloading iOS 10 GM. In case something goes wrong, you can restore the device using the backup.
- You are now all set to download and install iOS 10 GM. We strongly suggest you to use an alternative device to try out iOS 10 GM, since bugs in the beta version can cause crashes and sometimes result in bricking of the device.
If you haven’t yet tried the iOS 10 beta, you can still download and install the latest iOS 10 beta software. The iOS 10 beta is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod.