This should definitely make OnePlus 2 users happy. CyanogenMod has released the latest Android 7.1 Nougat-based CM 14.1 firmware to OnePlus 2. However, this is just an experimental build and may likely contain bugs. The new custom ROM includes all the Nougat features like split-screen, redesigned, bundled and quick “reply-able” notifications, customizable quick settings, Doze Mode and much more. In addition to Nougat features, CyanogenMod CM 14.1 Custom ROM brings with it exclusive CM themes, visually stunning UI, some performance enhancement tweaks and other added features.
Disclaimer: Proceed with caution. Installing Custom ROMs on rooted devices require technical knowledge and is best performed by a person who has sound knowledge of all the processes and the details involved. Mobipicker and its authors are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device while installing Custom ROM.
How To Install Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod CM 14.1 Custom ROM on OnePlus 2
Before you get started with the installation, there are a few things you must know and take care of –
1. Custom ROM can only be installed on rooted devices. Make sure that your OnePlus 2 has been rooted.
2. The new Custom ROM is meant only for OnePlus 2 devices. If you try to install this on other devices, you may land in trouble. To check device model, head to Settings -> About Phone -> Model Number.
3. Ensure that you have a backup of all the data on your phone. Installing Custom ROM wipes out memory. So it’s important to have a backup.
4. Installing Custom ROM makes company warranty null and void. You may not receive or be able to install OTA updates in the future. To have the warranty restored, you can install the stock-ROM again.
5. Ensure that you have charged the battery to more than 90%. If you run out of charge during installation of Custom ROM, you may end up bricking your phone.
6. Last but not the least, make sure that you have the necessary USB drivers installed so that your PC detects your phone.
Steps To Install CyanogenMod CM 14.1 Android 7.0 Nougat on OnePlus 2
1. First, download CM 14.1 custom ROM and Google Apps on your PC (We have provided download links at the end of this article).
2. Connect OnePlus 2 to your PC using USB cable. If you have the right drivers installed, your PC will detect OnePlus 2.
3. Copy the custom ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file from your PC to phones’ storage root folder. Do NOT copy these files in any other folder.
4. Switch Off your phone. Disconnect the phone from PC.
5. Press “Volume Down + Power” button to bring up the Recovery mode.
6. In Recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” to clear the phone memory. You can use Power button to select options and Volume keys to navigate when in Recovery mode.
7. Now, clear cache memory by choosing ‘Wipe cache partition‘. Now head back to Recovery mode. Select Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
8. Now, return to main recovery system and tap “Install zip from SD card“. This is the step where you will choose the zip files that you copied to the phone. Tap “Choose zip from SD card“.
9. Select Android Nougat .zip file and start the installation process.
10. The same process can be followed for installing Google Apps.
11. Once done, restart the device by opting ‘Reboot System Now‘ in the recovery menu.
Your OnePlus 2 should now have the Android Nougat Custom ROM installed. To check, head to Settings -> About Phone and check the version.