For all iOS users who like to use apps beyond the usual app store on your iOS device, Cydia may be able to offer some great options. Unfortunately, Cydia is an app that requires you to jailbreak your device. However, that is the last thing you are planning to do when you are using an iOS device because you would like to use a phone that is more secure. Cydia can be downloaded and installed with the help of some tricks without jailbreaking the device. Follow these methods for successful installation of Cydia on your devices.
Install Cydia on iOS Devices Without Jailbreaking
For those who do not have knowledge about programming or who are not very tech-savvy, this is an easy method.
- You begin with downloading Cydia to your device. You can do so from the Open market store where Cydia is available for free. Locate Cydia in the store and tap on the ‘Get It’ button.
- Once you the app has been downloaded to your device, you will get a pop-box on the screen which will ask you to add the app to your device.
- Select the option that says ‘Add to Home Screen’ and then click on the add button to add it to the home screen.
Image Source -ios.wonderhowto.com
- This will help you add the app to your device and an icon will appear on your home screen once the installation is complete.
- Click on the icon and allow it to process for some time before the app starts. Once it starts, you can enjoy your games and free apps on your iOS devices.
There is a second method for installing Cydia to your iOS device. In this method, you need another app which will help you download Cydia without jailbreaking your device.
- Look for the app ‘vSSSH Client’ in your app store. Download the app and install it to you iOS device.
- Once it has been installed you will see the option, quick connect to the network. Here you will need the IP address of your network which can either be the Wi-Fi network or the mobile network.
Note: If you do not know the IP address then tap on settings and go to Wi-Fi. Choose Open connected network where you will find the IP address for your Wi-Fi connection.
- Once you have the IP address, you can enter it in the vSSSH Client app in the IP host option.
- Now scroll down to the option where you have to enter the username. Tap on it and enter the username as ‘root’.
- Now tap on Connect which is on the top of the app.
- Now you will see a pop-up on which you must choose ‘Just Once’.
- Next, the app will ask you to enter the password and you must type the password as ‘alpine’.
- Now tap on the back button and paste the following link on the next screen:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh &&chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh and proceed to begin the download.
- Once the download is complete, your iOS device will automatically restart.
- Once your device restarts you will find the icon for Cydia app on your home screen.
Now you can enjoy using Cydia on your iOS device with all the security of a non-jailbroken device.