Are you a windows user and want to update your windows by installing Windows 10 through a bootable USB drive on your computer? If yes, then you may have already created a bootable USB drive from an ISO for Windows 10.
What if your bootable USB drive is not a bootable one? Once a bootable disk is created, it is always better to check whether USB drive is bootable or not. You will have to make a few changes in the BIOS of your PC, and it’s quite a long task. However, the task is made easy using a freeware like MobaLiveCD.
For verifying USB / DVD / CD media is bootable or not, first we need to download the freeware tool “MobaLiveCD” in your PC from trusted sources, and follow the steps below –
1. You need to connect your bootable USB drive to your PC or insert your DVD.
2. Run the freeware MobaLiveCD as an Administrator.
3. Accordingly, click on “Run the liveCD” / “Run the LiveUSB” (we are verifying a USB, so click on Run the LiveUSB).
4. This will take us to a new window.
5. Now, select the USB thumb drive.
6. Click on “OK”.
7. Click yes, when the pop-up asks you for a virtual hard disk.
8. Then save the file.
9. Once your file is saved, you will notice a black window starts using the QEMU engine.
10. An image will appear with a Windows logo indicating that your Windows 10 USB disk drive is bootable.
In a similar way, you can also verify Windows DVD /Linux CD / USB bootable disk. So you now know how to verify USB drive is bootable or not. The steps are very simple and anyone can do it.
If for some reason you are not able to perform the above given steps and are having issues with it, comment below and we will try to solve your problem.