If you’ve started playing Destiny 2 and you are wondering why you haven’t been successful in getting a Sparrow by now, you aren’t the one doing anything wrong. Well, getting a Sparrow in Destiny 2 is a bit tricky than the original Destiny game. If you haven’t yet got your Sparrow, you are in luck. We know how to catch a Sparrow in Destiny 2 and in this guide we’ll make sure you get one of your own. Be advised as you’ll get some spoilers too.
What is a Sparrow in Destiny 2?
Well, to capture or get one Sparrow, you (If you are new to Destiny franchise) should first know what it actually is in Destiny 2. Well, in Destiny 2 the Sparrows are cool futuristic ‘Hover Bikes’ that allow your guardians to cover an area at a great speed. So, it’s kind of a mini spaceship for you if you like traveling at high speeds.
How to Get Sparrow in Destiny 2
There are two methods you can try to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2. There might be some other ways to get a Sparrow, but these two are what we’ve tried and succeeded in. One way to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2 is to complete the Destiny 2 campaign. The second way to get a Sparrow is to reach down to the Level 20 of Destiny 2. Both of these ways to get Sparrow are a bit difficult, but you don’t have to worry at all. We’ve detailed them well in steps below.
Method 1: How to Get Sparrow in Destiny 2 by Completing the Campaign
- In this method of getting a Sparrow, you’ll have to complete the Destiny 2’s main campaign.
- Once you’ve completed the campaign, you should instantly head to the rebuilt tower. You’ll find Amanda Holliday at the tower in the hanger area.
- Talk To Amanda Holliday and she’ll let you choose between the three available basic Sparrows. Choose one that suits you best. You’ll get this Sparrow free of cost.
- In case if you want a better Sparrow, Everis at ‘The Farm’ might help you out with that. Once you’ve completed the main campaign, meet Everis at the farm. He’ll then give you a ‘Bright Engram Box’. This box might contain an Exotic or a Legendary Sparrow.
Method 2: How to Get Sparrow in Destiny 2 Via the Bright Engram Box
- In this particular method, you’ll have to complete the Homecoming mission in the game. Once the Homecoming mission in play, just after the Attack Sequence, you’ll have ‘The Farm’ unlocked.
- Now complete the Spark Mission and unlock the Eververse Shop. The Spark mission is the very first mission after your arrival at the farm. The Eververse Shop is run by Tess Everis who sells Bright Engrams.
- Keep in mind that this method to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2 requires you to be at Level 20. Everis sells the Bright Engrams to the guardians at level 20 only.
- So, you must be at level 20 if you want to get a Sparrow via this method.
Until now, these are the best two methods to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2. I’ll choose the first method that is to get it by completing the campaign. It seems easier and there is no restriction. It’ll take less grinding as well.
Also, check out the following Youtube video tutorial on ‘How to get Sparrow in Destiny 2‘ by WiLLisGaming.