Google Home, an interesting gadget that can help you in your daily tasks comes with a Google Assistant, an AI voice assistant that is very powerful. You can read news, control your devices, and use lots of services with Google Home, and now you can even shop with it.
Google announced a while ago that we can now shop using Google Assistant on Google Home. At this moment the list of supported stores is not half bad. You can shop from Costco, Google Store, Staples, Target, Toys”R” Us, and many more stores that have partnered with Google Express. For the full list of supported stores check out this link.
In case you have Google Home and want to shop, just follow the instructions below.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the menu button on the top left of your screen.
- Tap “More settings.”
- At the bottom of your screen, tap “Payments.”
- Tap the “Get started” button.
- Read the Terms of Service (if you want), then tap Accept.
Now that you entered the payments section you’ll have to enter your default payment method.
- In the case you already have a default payment method, just select it and continue. If you don’t have one, tap on Add credit or debit card, enter the details and tap save. After you added your credit card details tap on Next.
- After payment method, select the address you want for the goods to be delivered to. If you already have a default delivery address saved, select it and tap next. If you don’t have one, tap on Enter new address, fill the details and tap on Save.
Finally, you’ll have to select which one of your Google Home devices can be authorized to make payments. Next to each Google Home in your house, you’ll see a toggle that controls the Personal results for that device. Tap the toggle to the On position for each Google Home you’d like to enable payments, and that’s it!
Before you start with a shopping spree, check if Google Express is available in your area by visiting
this link (not live now).
Check Also: How to Fix Google Play Services has Stopped