When the Nvidia GTX 1080 was launched, the hefty price tag upset many fans. Thankfully, Nvidia had another surprised planned for us when the company launched the GeForce GTX 1070. The Nvidia GTX 1070 not only carried a significantly lower price tag but also came with high-end performance not far away from its bigger sibling. And in case you want to buy the 1070, Gigabyte has announced its version of the card.
The Gigabyte GTX 1070 has got 8-pin and 6-pin power connector, and the GTX 1080 comes with two 8-pin connectors. GTX 1070 XG variant comes with two addition HDMI connectors on board so that you can plug in virtual reality headsets. Powering the card is a GP104-200 GPU packed with 1920 CUDA cores. The overclocking speed is 1695/1898 MHz in the OC mode, which is about 189/215 MHz more than the reference card. So yes, the results are much better than the Founder’s Edition.
The Gigabyte GTX 1070 XE comes with triple 100mm fans (WindForce 3X) and a triple slot design. There’s an illuminated XTREME GAMING LED logo on the side of the cooler with the front having a big X on it. The GPU has got the Fan Stop technology which makes the fans stop when the GPU is not being used or is in low usage.
Gigabyte has listed the following information on its website about the GTX 1070:
- Powered by GeForce® GTX 1070
- WINDFORCE Stack 3x 100mm fan cooling system
- Xtreme VR Link provides the best VR experience
- 16.8M customizable color lighting
- Stylish Metal Back Plate
- Titan X-grade Chokes and Capacitors for Extreme Durability
- Intuitive Xtreme Engine
- Xtreme Care provides 4 years warranty (Online registration required)
- Boost: 1898 MHz / Base: 1695 MHz in OC mode
- Boost: 1873 MHz / Base: 1670 MHz in Gaming mode
So are you buying it? Comment below.