Campo Santo has released an update for the PS4 version of their adventure title, Firewatch. The update mainly focuses on fixing the performance issues that were spotted in the game shortly after its release.
According to the patch notes, the update isn’t that big but it still addresses some serious issues due to which players were unable to get the full-out of the game. Draw distance has been improved, loading and framerate issues have been fixed and some other issues have been addressed. You can have a look at the full patch notes of Firewatch Update 1.02 below, and see for yourself what improvements your game will be getting.
Firewatch Update 1.2 Patch Notes For PS4:
- Draw distance and shadow render distance have been improved, which should remove significant texture popping.
- Streaming loading and unloading has been significantly adjusted with extra safeties so you should no longer see loading happen right in front of you.
- We got Unity to fix a very rare hang that could occur when loading and unloading scenes.
- Many instances of unstable framerate have been improved.
- Auto-saves are now far less frequent, as they were causing the worst framerate hitches we have been seeing.
- Several places where people were escaping the world or getting stuck in collision have been refined. Also, if you are stuck in an endlessly falling state, the game will attempt to put you back, either through loading the last save or respawning Henry aboveground.
- Various cases where you were able to interrupt or break your current quest have been safeguarded.
The patch notes were revealed by the developers on their official blog.
In Firewatch, players take control of Henry and explore their surroundings to gather information about different stuff. The game is based on the Unity Game Engine, which is currently having some issues on PS4. Though the developers will soon fix those issues as they are planning to upgrade the game’s engine.
Firewatch was released on February 9, 2016 for PC and PS4. The game is developed by Campo Santo, a brand new game development studio, and is published by Panic. It was first announced in March 2014.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.