Great news folks. Fallout 4 Update 1.3 has finally been released by Bethesda for PC users. Yes, it is finally out with some pretty cool features, improvements and a lot many bug fixes. The patch is officially out of its Beta version and ready for mass release. This is the biggest Fallout 4 update yet.
Bethesda had confirmed a February Fallout 4 Update 1.3 release in January for PC with a beta release on Steam. The 1.3 beta version allowed PC users to try out the patch before the official public release.
The Fallout 4 Update 1.3 is now available for all PC users through Steam. The update is an automatic download. Some Steam users have reported a 94MB download through Steam which is quite small compared to previous Bethesda patches.
The patch hasn’t yet released for PS4 and Xbox One but Bethesda has promised through its twitter handle that they will release the 1.3 for Xbox One and PS4 later this week.
We expect the 1.3 update on Xbox One and PS4 later this week. https://t.co/FBJk0Iun2v
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) February 1, 2016
A host of new features has been included in this new update. NVIDIA has reported that the new update will come with some great new features including a new ambient occlusion setting dubbed HBAO+. NVIDIA has also mentioned a lot of new features and bug fixes in detail.
The 1.3 patch will come with an all new menu for better navigation. It will be now far easier for players to delegate tasks to settlers inhabiting the various settlements.
The update also ensures better navigation and rotating capabilities with triggers on controllers.
The latest 1.3 update comes with a lot of bug fixes which plagued the previous versions. These include Gameplay fixes, Quest fixes and Workshop fixes. You can have a look at the full list of the bug fixes below-
- General memory and stability improvements
- Improved performance when looking through a scope
- Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
- Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
- Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
- Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
- Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
- Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
- Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
- MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
- Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
- Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
- Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
- Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
- Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
- Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
- Robotics expert is now usable in combat
- Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
- Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
- Fixed an issue with “Taking Independence” where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
- Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
- Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
- Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
- Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
- Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after “Reunions” was completed
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t talk to Desdemona to complete “Underground Undercover”
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
- Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
- In “The End of the Line,” fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
- Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
- After finishing “The Big Dig,” fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the “Silver Shroud” quest
- Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
- During “Unlikely Valentine,” fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
- In “Confidence Man,” Bull and Gouger can now be killed
- During “Taking Independence,” fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
- In “Human Error,” fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
- Fixed an issue with “Tactical Thinking” where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
- Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
- Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
- Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
- Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
- Building wires no longer uses up copper
- Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
- Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
- Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
- Diamond City house now shows provided power
- Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
- Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
- Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading
Problems With New Update
As expected, the new Fallout 4 Update 1.3 has started causing problems for some PC users. Forums have started filling with early complaints and issues regarding problems with run-time errors, textures, loading screen issues, crashes, and a lot more. Few of these problems may even show on PS4 and Xbox One.
Please leave your invaluable suggestions and queries in the box below.