It is no longer a rumor that a new patch is coming for Fallout 4 and it is going to bring more than just bug fixes. Since the first day of the new year, Fallout 4 fans have been on constant itch pertaining the game’s DLC. Their anticipation was in line with Bethesda’s promised regular updates with the first Fallout 4 DLC slated for early 2016.
It is not as of now clear what the new Fallout DLC will contain or the particular date it would drop but details on some of its small upgrades including patch have emerged from Bethesda which should be enough to excite the fans.
How to Install Fallout 4 Patch 1.3
Bethesda confirmed the 1.3 patch and went ahead to announce some of its major changes. The 1.3 patch will only be available for PC users. If you already installed Fallout 4, here is how you can get your patch:
- First, log into Steam.
- Then, right click on Fallout 4 in your Library.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the Betas option.
- A drop down menu should appear. Select Beta Update.
- Press OK.
- Wait a few minutes (the time will depend on your connection) and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library.
To get off beta software, all you need to do is redo steps 1 through 4 and at the drop down make sure you select None – Opt out of all beta programs.That will return your game to the 1.2 update like a reversible reaction.
Fans who try the game out can give their feedback when the log into the game’s website. It is also wise to join the company’s forum because besides sharing feedback, you will get on the spot assist if you ever run into trouble with running the new beta.
Features of Fallout 4 Patch 1.3
The 1.3 patch comes with several new features for PC users (for now) including some new effects, controller improvements and a brand new status menu for settlers. The new features are listed below but mind you, some of them may not make it to the final game.
- New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
- New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)
- Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
- Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
- Improved “ESDF” keys remapping support while in Workshop mode
The bug fixes are as follows;
- General memory and stability improvements
- Improved performance when looking through a scope
- Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
- Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
- Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
- Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
- Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
- Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
- Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
- MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
- Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
- Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
- Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
- Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
- Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
- Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
- Robotics expert is now usable in combat
- Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
- Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
- Fixed an issue with “Taking Independence” where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
- Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
- Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
- Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
- Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
- Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after “Reunions” was completed
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t talk to Desdemona to complete “Underground Undercover”
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
- Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
- In “The End of the Line,” fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
- Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
- After finishing “The Big Dig,” fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the “Silver Shroud” quest
- Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
- During “Unlikely Valentine,” fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
- In “Confidence Man,” Bull and Gouger can now be killed
- During “Taking Independence,” fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
- In “Human Error,” fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
- Fixed an issue with “Tactical Thinking” where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
- Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
- Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
- Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
- Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
- Building wires no longer use copper
- Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
- Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
- Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
- Diamond City house now shows provided power
- Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
- Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
- Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading
Problem with Fallout 5 Patch 1.3
The only bug in Fallout 4 1.3 Patch is that it takes longer to load. However, Bethesda has confirmed a new 1.3.47 patch which takes care of that. There is no release date yet but with the amount of feedbacks, we expect to see more betas.