Our Fallout 4 Nuka World Weapons Guide will tell you the location of the Thirst Zapper. We will also tell you the location of all its upgrades. If you watched a lot of the promotional videos for Nuka World you’ll recall this weapon in the hands of the Nuka World girl when she poses with it. This is a very powerful gun that uses a new ammo type. This new ammo type is called the weaponized Nuka Cola. When fully upgraded, the Thirst Zapper can become quite powerful. The weapon has the best ammo efficiency of any weapon in Fallout 4. This is especially useful when you are playing the game at the Survival Mode difficulty.
Fallout 4 Nuka World Weapons Guide – Here is the location of the Thirst Zapper
You can find the weapon right in the beginning of the Nuka World DLC. If you accidentally sell the weapon because you were unaware of its sheer power, you can find the weapon again in the Nuka Cade.
In the first quest when you get to the Nuka World, after you complete the gauntlet, you will see a guy in a Power Suit armor in an arena type area and someone will let you through the door. When you get into this room, you will have a bunch of lockers with weapons in them. One of those weapons will be the Thirst Zapper. You will then use the gun to lower the electricity shield on him so that he becomes vulnerable to your actual weapons. After defeating Overboss Colter you can spike your gun with some Nuka Cola upgrades to make it really powerful.
Here is the Location of the upgrade for the gun
The gun has also the coolest reloading animation we have ever seen. After firing a shot you pour some Nuka Cola into it and fire again for a concentrated but deadly explosion. Here is how you can upgrade the Thirst Zapper for such powerful effects.
1. Finish the quest Power Play and restore power to the Nuka World (Start doing quests for Shank if you haven’t done so already, you will eventually end up restoring power to the Nuka World amusement park)
2. Head down to the World of Refreshment
3. We recommend going through the back or side entrances
4. Go downstairs to a room with a large generator in the middle
5. To the right of this generator, there is a door with a terminal beside it (this terminal wouldn’t work until you turn on power to Nuka World)
6. In the room is an elevator, take the elevator down
7. Head all the way to the bottom of the new underground secret area until you reach the radiation room
8. There should be double doors leading to a test area (a large test area sign is on the floor)
9. On the table in there you will find the Project Cobalt schematics and some Nuka Cola related weapons (grenades etc.). There is also a Thirst Zapper there if you don’t have one already
10. Now just upgrade your Thirst Zapper using the schematics and load up the gun with cherry or quantum Nuka cola for different effects. The gun is absolutely devastating against Deathclaws
Let us know what you think of our Fallout 4 Nuka World Weapons Guide. We have other fallout 4 related material as well, be sure to check it out.