Tom Clancy’s The Division is an upcoming open-world title being developed by Ubisoft Massive for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. A Closed Beta for the game was held a few days ago on all three platforms, which was a success as a lot of players participated in it. Recently, Ubisoft announced that an Open Beta for The Division will be held from February 18 for Xbox One and on February 19 for PC and PS4. The Open Beta will be live for three days and will end on February 21st.
The reason behind this Open Beta is that many players, even those who pre-ordered the game through a legit way, didn’t get a chance to access the Closed Beta due to the excessive amount of players accessing it. So those who didn’t get a chance to get their hands on The Division’s Beta and experience the stunning gameplay of the game will be able to experience it now without the need of any code.
The Open Beta is set to go live on February 18. Ubisoft recently announced that those who participated in The Division’s Closed Beta and still have the beta client of it won’t have to download the Open Beta client, as Ubisoft will simply release an update for them which will transform it into the Open Beta client. Shortly after this, Ubisoft has now released the said patch, which has a total size of 1.6GB. The changelog of this patch can be seen below which reveals some improvements along with a new mission that will be present in the Open Beta.
The Division Open Beta Update:
New Mission Available to play, Subway Morgue:
- Encounter a new faction: The Cleaners
- Explore a Mass Grave while trying to restore power to the city.
- Rescue the missing Engineer, Paul Rhodes
Unlock an additional Wing in the Base of Operations:
- The first upgrade to the Tech Wing is now available
- A new Skill can now be unlocked: The Deployable Turret
Numerous Dark Zone updates and improvements:
- New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
- Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
- The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
- The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
- The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
- A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
- Dark Zone experience leveling curve has been adjusted slightly
- Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
- Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from t he Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player’s name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn’t appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is set to launch for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 8, 2016. The game is developed by Ubisoft Massive and published by Ubisoft.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.