Dark Souls III recently had a press release, and invitees were allowed to play as much as the game’s first 3 hours. Thanks to the event, details have been slipping through the cracks. Here, we take a look at the classes you start out as, as well the starting items you might get. Needless to say, SPOILERS BELOW.
Dark Souls III will feature a total of 10 starting classes. You can pick one of these during character creation at the beginning of the game and naturally, your choice is permanent. However, knowing the highly flexible nature of Dark Souls’ character progression system, you will likely be able to take your character into any direction you choose. So you can start as a magic user and end up a tank, or start as a knight and become an adept sorcerer.
Here’s the classes, as well as their descriptions:
- An obscure knight of poor renown who collapsed roaming the land. Sturdy, owing to high vitality and stout armor.
- A mercenary and veteran of the battlefield. High dexterity allows masterful wielding of dual scimitars.
- Decendant of northern warriors famed for their brawn. Utilizes high strength to wield a heavy battleaxe.
- A former herald who journeyed to finish a quest undertaken. Wields a sturdy spear and employs a gentle restorative miracle.
- A common thief and pitiful deserter. Wields a dagger intended for backstabs alongside a military-issue bow.
- An assassin who stalks their prey from the shadows. Favors sorceries in addition to thrusting swords.
- A loner who left formal academia to pursue further research. Commands soul sorceries using high intelligence.
- A pyromancer from a remote region who manipulates flame. Also an adept close combat warrior who wields a hand axe.
- A traveling cleric who collapsed from exhaustion. Channels high faith to cast many and varied miracles.
- Naked and of unknown origin. Either an unimaginable fool in life, or was stripped of possessions upon burial.
Check out Page 2 to find out what starting items you can choose from during character creations!