The Japanese website for Dark Souls III has been updated to announce that a new patch for the game will be released soon. While the previous patch was confusingly announced as being version 1.03.1 on the PC and 1.04 on consoles, the new patch has been announced as bringing the game up to version 1.04 and “regulation 1.05”. The Japanese website lists the patch information under the “Windows” label as well, suggesting that it carries the same version label for both PC and console versions of the game this time around.
No announcement has yet been made regarding the patch via English-language channels of Namco Bandai, but the patch notes are viewable on the Japanese website for Dark Souls III. A number of bugs have been fixed in this version, but there have also been some interesting gameplay changes. Kicks can no longer be parried in the game, and the requirements for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers covenant have been made less strict. Certain NPC questline events have been made easier to trigger as well.
As for bugs, a number of fixes have been implemented, from fixing the voice chat icon, to bugged up boss fights to teleporting to a certain area that I won’t spoil. The Xbox One gets a couple of special changes, even. Have a look at the patch notes below, translated by Reddit user Spacemanticore.
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.