Counter Strike Global Offensive update 9/16/2016 brings major changes to gameplay. The update has also tweaked the sound, made changes to the map and some miscellaneous changes as well.
Similar to previous Counter-Strike games, Global Offensive is an objective-based multiplayer first-person shooter. Players play as Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists, and must complete objectives while attempting to eliminate the enemy team. Players purchase weapons and equipment at the beginning of every round with money awarded based on their performance. Complete objectives such as planting the bomb. Kill an enemy to earn money. However, negative actions, such as friendly fire towards a teammate or hostage will result in a monetary penalty. In addition, when a round ends all players receive some amount of money. Players on the winning team receiving substantially more.
Game added new weapons. We’ve decided to summarize some of the Counter Strike Global Offensive Update 9/16/2016 changes here.
Counter Strike Global Offensive Update 9/16/2016 tweaks gameplay
- First-person camera of players, spectators, and demo viewers can no longer be higher than their third-person head
- Bullets from both client and server-side emit from the corrected position
- First-person camera is lowered to stay under the height of their third-person head
- Players landing from small jumps or falling from lesser heights will play more subtle landing animations
- The more often players crouch, the slower they will rise or lower. But this should now prevent bugs where players would instantly stand, or lose their crouch-spam penalty. If players crouch even more, eventually they will just stay standing up
- Third-person player lowers more quickly to match the first-person
- Players landing in crouch positions play a more subtle landing animation
- It is possible to smoke inside the hut on Nuke. Furthermore, you can throw a Molotov on top of hut. Or you can smoke under palace balcony on Mirage and throw a Molotov on balcony floor
- Molotovs are no longer extinguished by smokes that are above fire height
- Molotovs no longer spread under closed doors
- Smoke grenades no longer get stuck in player clips when they extinguish flames upon bouncing off a wall
- Fire sounds for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 have been changed significantly
- SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 now have new reload, distant and draw sound
- Gunshot tails for AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1 and SCAR-20 are more accurately spread over the environment
- Minor bug fixes for de_cache
- Server-side hitboxes for lag compensated players better match client-side rendered models
- Fixed a bug where player body pitch could improperly rotate the entire player entity inside lag compensation processing
Let us know what you think of the Counter Strike Global Offensive Update 9/16/2016 so far.