Samsung Galaxy S6 vs LG G4
Samsung Galaxy S6 vs LG G4
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.
143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm (5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 in) 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 - 9.8 mm
138 g (4.87 oz) 155 g (5.47 oz)
- Fingerprint sensor (PayPal certified)
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Colors Availability
White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz Grey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown, Leather RedGrey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown, Leather Re
- 2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network
LTE LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.
Nano SIM Micro SIM
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.1 inches (~70.7% screen-to-body ratio) 5.5 inches (~72.5% screen-to-body ratio)
1440 x 2560 pixels 2560 x 1440 pixel
- Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.
16M colours 16M colours
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.
~577 ppi ~538 ppi
- Touch Screen
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.
Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Corning Gorilla Glass 3
TouchWiz UI LG Optimus UX 4.0 UI
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.
Exynos 7420 Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.
Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 Dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.
Mali-T760 Adreno 418
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.
3 GB 3 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.
32/64/128GB 32 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.
No microSD, up to 128 GB
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, gesture, heart rate Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.
Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop) Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
- Java Support Java for Mobile Devices is a set of technologies that let developers deliver applications and services to all types of mobile handsets, ranging from price efficient feature-phones to the latest smartphones. Java is currently running on over 3 billion phones worldwide, and growing. It offers unrivaled potential for the distribution and monetization of mobile applications.
Yes, via Java MIDP emulator Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Facebook Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site is available in 37 different languages.
- Youtube Youtube is a popular free video-sharing website, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, Millions of users around the world have created accounts on the site that allow them to upload videos that anyone can watch.
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.
16 MP 16 Megapixels
3456 x 4608 pixels 5312 x 2988 pixels
2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, dual-video rec. 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, optical stabilization, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Camera Features
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama 1/2.6'' sensor size, simultaneous video and image recording, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)
LED flash LED flash
5 MP, 1080p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR 8 Megapixels, 1080p@30fps
- Alert Types
Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
3.5 mm jack 3.5 mm
- Audio Playback
MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+/WMA player
- Video Playback
MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264 player MP4/DviX/XviD/H.264/WMV player
- FM Radio
- Video Out
MHL 3 TV-out Yes
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.
v4.0, A2DP, LE, apt-X v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-fi Hotspot
microUSB v2.0, USB Host microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort 4K), USB Host
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMI HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- Wireless Charging Wireless Charging (Inductive Charging) uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. This is usually done with a charging station. Energy is sent through an inductive coupling to an electrical device, which can then use that energy to charge batteries or run the device.
Wireless charging (Qi/PMA/WPC) - market dependent Wireless Charging (Qi-enabled)
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.
Yes (threaded view) Yes (threaded view)
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.
Email, Push Email Email, Push Email
- IM IM (Instant Messaging) is an exchange of text messages through a software application, it enable you to create a kind of private chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over the Internet.