Knowing how to bypass iCloud Activation can come in handy when you happen to find an iPhone that belongs to someone else and being the Good Samaritan that you are, you wish to return the iPhone to its owner. iCloud Activation Lock exists so as to give iPhone users secure access to all the personal and private details stored on iPhone. But when you intend to bypass iCloud activation to return the iPhone to its owner but don’t really know how to go about it, continue reading this post!
To return the iPhone you just found, you may need either contact number or e-mail id of the owner. You cannot access these if the iPhone is locked. You may wonder if the custom message set by the owner may give you some clues. Unfortunately, if the iPhone you just found is on “iPhone on Lost Mode“, even the custom message cannot be seen.
This post will cover everything that you need to know to bypass iCloud activation lock.
How to bypass iCloud activation lock
1. The screen that you see when you want to start bypassing the lock looks like this:
2. Press the Home Button
3. Tap on WiFi settings. Tap on ‘i‘ symbol next to WiFi
4. After this, you have to follow these steps to remove the current DNS settings –
5. Type the DNS that’s shown below
*USA/North America: 18.104.22.168
*Rest of the world: 22.214.171.124
6. Tap on Back. Then tap on Done.
7. Tap on Activation Help
You will see a notification that reads “You have successfully connected to my server“. Once connected to the server, you can access iCloud locked User Chat, Mail, Maps, YouTube, Audio, media and more.
Bypass iOS9 activation lock permanently
The steps shown below can be used to bypass iOS9 activation lock permanently.
- Tap on Menu. Head to Applications. Tap on Applications
- Tap on Crash. You will now begin to see the Apple logo on the screen
- Select language and country. Tap on Home Button
- Select WiFi Settings. Tap on ‘i‘. Scroll down and tap on Menu under HTTP Proxy
- Tap on the Globe on the keyboard. Now type 15 to 30 random characters and type “8888” in front of Port
- Tap on Back. Then tap on Next
Now, complete a few sliding steps and click the language options for 2-3 minutes straight without pausing. This should lead you to the home screen of iPhone. Once on the home screen, you can access FaceTime, Newsstand, and Phone. But you need to restart the iPhone if you open one of the apps.
In some cases, you may happen to buy a used iPhone only to find that the iCloud account is locked. The sellers many have kept the iCloud account locked. You can save some money if you know how to unlock the iCloud account yourself, instead of approaching a service provider who will unlock it for you, albeit at a heavy price!
Unlocking iPhone’s iCloud Account on iPhone/iPad
- Visit OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk.
- Click on “iCloud Unlock” from the Sidebar menu. Enter iPhone model, IMEI number of the iPhone you wish to unlock. Dial *#06# to get the IMEI number if you don’t know. Tap one the ‘i‘ on the device screen to get IMEI number when the iPhone is locked and the dialer is not accessible.
- Continue to make the payment. Your iCloud account should get unlocked in 1-3 days.
So you now know how to bypass iCloud activation lock. Now that you know whom to contact, you can safely return the iPhone to the owner who lost it. Thank you for being a Good Samaritan! If you are facing other issues on iPhone and looking for fixes, you can check our fixes for iMessage not working and iMessage waiting for activation issue. To unlock your disabled iPhone, check out our post on how to fix ‘iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes’ issue.
Disclaimer: This article is meant to educate users on bypassing iCloud account lock only with the good intention of returning the iPhone to its owner. MobiPicker and its authors are not responsible for any access violations and legal issues that may arise out of bypassing iCloud account lock.