The Overwatch community has been quite excited in recent weeks about the upcoming release of a new hero known as Orisa.
Orisa is a mechanical ‘giant’ who will be technically classified as a tank class hero, however, some of her abilities certainly can be viewed as more ‘support-like’ in nature. Without a doubt, she will not be a tank along the lines of Reinhardt or Roadhog who are supposed to be your ‘all-out assault’ playstyle guys.
But, as to be expected with major updates, changes, and additions to the game like this, there have been additional tweaks to various other characters in an attempt to adjust things in the game so that no hero can become unfairly too powerful or be at a distinct disadvantage when used in combination with or facing off against the new hero. This is not surprising news at all really, but we still want to let you be aware of the changes so that you can prepare yourself properly for what’s going to happen soon. You wouldn’t want to be caught off-guard and unpleasantly surprised now would ya? Of course not!
First up we have Orisa herself:
- Fusion Driver ability magazine size decreased from 200 down to 150.
- Supercharger ability ‘cost’ now increased by an additional 15%.
There are an additional 5 heroes who will also be seeing tweaks, changes, and adjustments as well.
The first of those guys are going to be Ana:
- Biotic Rifle damage decreased from 80 down to 60.
- Biotic Grenade damage reduced from 60 down to 30.
- Impact healing reduced from 100 down to 50.
- His own grenades no longer damage him…the effect will be added to the current passive of “Total Mayhem”.
- Sound effects and VO distance for activating and deactivating stealth has now been reduced to 15 meters.
- Translocator ability cooldown will see a decrease from 6 seconds down to 4 seconds.
- Barrier Projector ability cooldown will now be altered so that the cooldown time begins once the barrier is placed and not when it ends.
- Orb of Destruction ability will have its alternate fire mode recovery time reduced from 1 second to 0.6 seconds.
- Orb of Discord ability can now target enemies even through barriers.
Those are the changes you can expect for when Orisa comes onto the battlefield and joins the cast of Overwatch. Adjust your play styles, strategies, and tactics accordingly.