Ark Survival Evolved is going to get a new major update on PS4 and Xbox One today later (24th April) as scheduled after the proper certification process.
This means that the game’s developer Studio Wildcard and others will have to go through the secure process with both Microsoft and Sony. This will make sure that the developer will not add the content that could possibly cause problems for their networks.
According to the recent reports, the community manager for Ark Survival Evolved has confirmed that everything related to the game and the update is still on schedule for the new content. It will roll out today on April 24.
Furthermore, the community manager said that the update will go live today assuming no critical and major problems will happen. The update will be deployed after it passes the secure process. We are hopeful about that.
This literally means that the fans might have to wait for a long time before the new content comes out. The new content for the Ark Survival Evolved is bringing in tons of new and fantastic things. The new items include all the current PC content such as new Dinos, Tek Gear. Tek gear will be helpful for those players who are at the endgame stage.
Following is the new Tek Gear lineup for the Ark Survival Evolved Update.
NEW TEK TIER GEAR:
- Structure: TEK Power Generator. The wireless generators power TEK structures and any Tribe electrical structures in adjustable range.
- Structures & Mechanic: TEK Underwater Bases. Allows fully-enclosed structures to be created underwater, with ventilators to allow oxygen filled room. Air-locks and moonpools allow players to enter and exit without flooding their base.
- Structure: TEK Teleporter. Helps players move around the expansive open-world island. But very expensive to obtain
- Item: TEK Mosa Saddle. Once properly placed on the Mosasaur it equips the beast with lasers and more.
As confirmed by the developers, the new update is bringing in the first ever major menu redesign. In addition, the UI receives a major overhaul as well.
According to Studio Wildcard, this will definitely prove a huge new upgrade and will allow easier access to the player’s inventory.
Check out the full Patch Notes for the update below.
- New Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
- New Dino: Equus
- New Dino: Leedsichthys
- New Dino: Ichthyornis
- New Dino: Iguanodon
- New Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- New Structure: TEK Teleporter
- New Structure: TEK Mosa Saddle
- New Structure: Tek Power Generator
- Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
- Flyer Nerf
- Ridable fliers (not the Moth) now have ground attacks.
- New creature sounds for: Dodo, Raptor, Quetzal, Parasaur, Rex, Trike, Pteranodon, Dilo, Direwolf, Compy, Dung Beetle, Argent, Pachy, and Mammoth.
- New female/male character sounds, inventory sounds, building sounds, crafting sounds, and a couple items/weapons.
- Limited one C4 attached per dino
- Sheep now have a “Slaughter” option when you have a club, sword, hatchet etc equipped, also works on PvE
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial hairstyle (male and female variants)
- 20+ new Explorer Notes
- Player invulnerability after Eel attack increased to 5 seconds.
- Scuba tanks now provide oxygen underwater even when a player is offline.
- Underwater mines now respect enemy foundation radius.
- Underwater mines increased damage by 33%, increased targeting range by 100%, increased movement speed by 100%.
- Cluster grenades no longer fragment if they’ve been destroyed by damage.
- Vault health and physical size has been decreased.
- Speed buff gained from Oxygen stat on dinos decreased by 80%.
- Tek Structures now give appropriate insulation on Scorched Earth.
- Turrets can now be placed underwater. Underwater turrets will not target anything above water.
- Maturation Bar, Egg Incubation bar, and Taming bar now also displays the numerical progress percent.
- Fixed weight calculation/updating issues.
- Vaults are now paintable
- Therizinosaurus spawn weight and aggro ranged decreased
- Certain creatures now have special weight reductions for specific resources similar to the Beaver.
- Mammoth reduces weight of wood by 75%
- Ankylo reduces weight of raw metal by 75%
- Doed reduces weight of stone by 75%
- Beaver and Thorny Dragon now adjusted to 50% reduction for resource-weight (they do a few) due to being a jack of all trades, as opposed to specialising.