The problem of unavailability of your mobile network in your android smartphones may be because of nulled or an invalid IMEI#. This error mostly appears on Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, etc and other Android smartphones. After working a lot on this issue, we got to know that it could be a “NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK” or an Insert SIM Card error. It appears when you try to call anyone and a notification occurs saying “NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK”.
You need to just activate your network operator on your mobile settings and follow some steps-
How to solve the “NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK” in android smartphones:
1. Go to Phone settings.
2. Select the Wireless and networks option.
3. Under the Wireless and networks setting, Select Mobile Networks >> Network Operators.
4. After the completion of the search, select your Network operator such as Airtel, Idea, etc.
That’s it, your problem is solved in just a few minutes. But, if in case you have already done this and it did not work, you should switch to an another method.
To resolve the mobile network error in android.
1. Change the battery of your phone.
2. You can try any other android phone battery similar to your gadget.
3. This will surely help you out to resolve the problem.
4. If this work, it means you have a problem in your battery which was overheated. This could be due to the excessive amount of heat generated by the phone.
Still not solved? Keep reading….!!!
There is an alternative method to resolve a problem with the radio signal which is not broadcasted correctly.
1. You need to dial “*#*#4636#*#*” in the Dialer.
2. You will get a prompt with a testing menu.
3. Select the phone / device information option.
4. Run ping test.
5. Drop down the list and Choose the GSM Auto (PRL).
6. Click on Turn off the radio.
7. Restart your smartphone to end the process.
Probably, the above method will solve Mobile Network Error, but if not, we have more ways to try out. Check out below-
In case, if all the above steps did not work, update your firmware. Here are the simple steps that will solve the problem of mobile network –
1. Go to settings
2. In settings, go to “About device”.
3. Choose the software update option.
4. Check for available update and update your device with the latest firmware.
You can also switch to reset factory, here is how to factory reset Android smartphone.
1. Open the Settings on your android phone.
2. choose “More settings”.
3. Set your mobile settings to backup and reset.
4. Set the Factory Data reset.
1. First, you should Turn off your device.
2. Now, hold down the Home, Power, and volume Up button all together for a few seconds until Android logo appears on your screen.
3. Highlight the options from the volume down button with a confirmation with the Power key.
4. Similarly, highlight the factory reset option and confirm it by the Power button.
5. Now, select the ‘Delete all user data’ and confirm it in a similar way.
6. Wait for ‘Reboot system now’ option.
7. Select ‘Reboot system now’.
8. After the phone restarts, you need to set it up from scratch again.
We are quite sure that at least one the above methods will surely help you to resolve your problems with the mobile network in Android devices. In case, you are still struggling with the error, do let us know the details in comments below and we will help you out with our best of knowledge. Stay tuned.