If you have landed on this page, we know for sure you are looking for ways to delete your Gmail account. If you are wondering how to delete Gmail account permanently and if it’s possible to do that in the first place you have hit the right post! This post will cover everything you ever wanted to know about how to delete a Gmail account and delete it permanently.
Why delete Gmail Account?
Well, you may be having several reasons for deleting Gmail account. Plain trust issues with your Gmail account or just that you have decided you don’t need Gmail address anymore – the reasons can be numerous. Whatever the reason is, it helps to know how to delete a Gmail account. It’s also important to understand what happens when you delete your Gmail address.
What happens when you delete your Gmail address
First, your Gmail address cannot be used by your or others in the future. Secondly, all your emails will be deleted. But your google account, including purchases made on Google Play and your search history won’t be deleted.
Let’s dive straight into “how to delete a Gmail account”.
How To Delete A Gmail Account
You can delete a Gmail account and all messages related to the account. However, that doesn’t mean you will lose access to Google, YouTube accounts. You can still have them. Follow these steps to delete your Gmail account –
- Sign in to the Account preferences page.
- Click Delete Products.
- You will be asked to Sign in to your account again. This is Google’s way of ensuring you are the one deleting your account.
- Next to Gmail, you will find the Delete option. Click ‘Delete’.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions. Finally, choose Remove Gmail.
- If you are using Gmail offline, you will have to clear your browser’s cache and cookies to remove Gmail completely.
That’s pretty much about how to delete a Gmail account. Simple, isn’t it? If you still have questions, feel free to post in the comments section.